Field Technical Service Specialist
Posted On 08/11/2016
Reports to: FTS Assistant Mgr.
FLSA Status: Non – Exempt
This position is responsible for overall maintenance of the account/regional account base including technical service and in-house “sales” functions (inventory/batch management). Main responsibilities include line performance and quality trend tracking, technical troubleshooting (color, appearance, etc.) and reporting. Documented inventory management, line trial support, new model color program management, and customer complaint assistance are additonal responsibilities. Specific to the FTS Specialist role is the ability to work with NBCi Sales and Supply/Demand groups to analyze customer production schedules, assist in forecasting, and communicate batch status updates (internally and externally). The FTS Specialist role is also responsible for working with the Sales group to resolve pricing, credit, debit, and RGA issues.
The individual must be able to perform each essential job duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities needed to perform the job at a fully acceptable level.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND/OR CERTIFICATION
- B.S. Degree and Minimum of 5 years of customer based technical experience in automotive paints or 10+ years or experience.
- Computer and software skills
- Communication skills (report writing and data interpretation)
- Good organizational skills (data collection / graphing)
- Interpersonal skills
- Strong customer focus and relationship building skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Be able to work with 2 component coatings and isocyanates
- Time management skills
- Ability to wear a respirator/all necessary PPE – including being clean shaven for respirator use
- Be able to lift 50 lbs
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both in oral and written form using a variety of communication techniques and tools to ensure appropriate flow of information.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to inquiries, and/or complaints
- Displays courtesy, tact and respect when dealing with others.
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Tuition Reimbursement